Evaluating and Reporting the Project’s Success
Establishing permanent behavior changes and reducing total carbon emissions are the two most critical metrics for evaluating the program’s success. Since participants will be periodically surveyed via email, data collection is easy. Results and analysis will be used to improve the program and published annually to serve as a model for future efforts.
- To offer and support personal commitments to environmentally responsible behaviors
- To provide methods for habituating sustainability goals successfully and effectively
- To draw on environmental behavior research as well as marketing and communications strategies to engage new audiences in promoting sustainability behavior
- To tailor the process on personal and social levels so that participants feel ownership of their commitments instead of behaving out of guilt or obligation
- To pave the way for future efforts in meeting the very significant carbon emissions cuts necessary to limit global warming